Tuesday, August 25, 2015

"Deliverance From Fear"


"Deliverance From Fear"

After confronting several members of a "Family Rights Group" members on a social website regarding their cowardice in their unwillingness to follow the US Constitution out of fear, I felt in my spirit to re post this article below regarding-the emotion of "Fear" itself, and how it has seeped into every community and family, even the Church today. Fear has taken over many lives and has prevented good to flourish. This should not be. Especially the Christian should be the bold, courageous, and the one to stand up to all evil. Sadly this is not happening.

The following article addressing "Fear" is not my own. It was written by a friend of mine, a Nigerian Christian Minister. It is an excellently written article and is quite timely so is why I am re posting it. His words were written to Christians, but even those who live according to the world can understand and glean some of what he is stating as fact. We do have a choice on how we react to "Fear." There are seemingly many cowards especially in America, and if God is for us, who can stand against us? Let brother Emma's words soak into your spirit to encourage you to stop being fearful. Please read on...

" Deliverance From Evil", By bro, Emma Okorie
'Fear has done a lot of damage to man.  It has been the enemy of humanity from creation. 1John 4:18 says, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.' We are commanded rather to fear the Lord and not the devil.  Ecclesiastes 12:13: 'Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.' Whoever is oppressed by fear is devoid of faith and has become an enemy of God even if he is born again and a member of a church. This is because without faith it is impossible to please God.  One possessed by fear cannot expect to excel in business, occupation, home and general life. God operates with the principle of faith just as the devil thrives with fear and anyone possessed thereby is negative in all he does.  One under the clutches of fear is full of the devil and his works whether he indulges in sin or not and such cannot expect to receive any good thing from the Lord.
Job was a good man, a righteous man approved of God.  He was like any good Christian you may find in the modern day but a monster was resident within his system called fear – fear of the devil, of failure, disappointment, sudden death and many other things.  He lamented in Job 3:25 'For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me'  What was unwholesome in all the sacrifice Job was giving was that it was all coloured by fear of the devil.  A number of us are in the same position even though we may look confident and wonderful externally.  We clap hands in church and look like faith-filled believers but deep down many are contending with an ailment called fear.  It is a subtle and mysterious situation but it is right in there whether well masked or not.  Until this monster is conquered, there is no way one can experience a release.  If we are truthful, most of us will own up that fear is a giant we are battling.  We have taken time to speak on faith, covenant, vows, and those other issues given to us to succeed as believers but the reason we are not getting desired results is because right at the foundation of our lives rests fear and, to overcome this enemy, it must be uprooted.
There are two kinds of fear  - the fear of God, and the fear of the devil.  The fear of God is reverential fear which invariably leads to obedience because of the realization of God’s power as well as His love for man.  This fear is for the good of man and is bound to lead him to worship God faithfully.  The fear of the devil can be best understood as the fear induced by intimidation and threat from adversaries.  This fear is a spirit which easily displaces faith in the heart of a child of God.  When man develops faith, God comes to his help but when overcome by fear, the devil sends his demons to visit and possibly destroy him.  This is the fear from which the servants of God need deliverance.
A man who is full of fear of the devil is never satisfied no matter how much prayers he has said or have been said for him.  The prayers are not effective because they rest on ingrained fear.  Once fear is removed, God has full access to the person’s life.  Everyone must thus determine to conquer fear because it is a spirit.  Unless it is cast out, healing will not occur, progress will not be experienced and every good thing one is looking for will be farfetched.  What is required to deal with it is to come on the same page with God through faith.
Fear is no respecter of persons whether young or old.  It is the greatest weapon of the devil which he wields over the young and old, big and small.  No matter how much exploits one has done as a minister in times past when fear takes root, progress is stalled.  Fear and faith cannot live under the same roof –they are sworn enemies.  One must give way for the other to thrive.  King Saul was a gallant man of God who once prophesied in the midst of prophets.  When Israel was threatened, he killed his ox and sent a piece to every tribe saying to them “same thing will happen to the cattle of everyone who does not come to battle.”  The people rallied around him and defeated Philistia.  No one can say that Saul was not a man of faith but a soon as God left him he was overtaken by the spirit of fear.  Through fear he opened a doer to the devil and his end was only a matter of time.
1 Samuel 28:4-8 (TLB) report: 'The Philistines set up their camp at Shunem, and Saul and the armies of Israel were at Gilboa.  When Saul saw the vast army of the Philistines, he was frantic with fear and asked the Lord what he should do.  But the Lord refused to answer him either by dreams, or by Urim, or by prophets. Saul then instructed his aides to try to find a medium so that he could ask her what to do, and they found one at Endor.  Saul disguised himself by wearing ordinary clothing instead of his royal robes.  He went to the woman’s home at night, accompanied by two of his men. ‘I’ve got to talk to a dead man,' he pleaded. 'will you bring his spirit up?'  Out of naked fear Saul went to consort with a witch whom he had earlier disdained and expelled in the days when he served God. 
The sight of the vast armies of Philistia had left Saul cringing with fear. Many today do unbelievable things in this same state, many known believers have consorted with witches, entered churches with dubious doctrines and foundations and tolerated things they would never have put up with in the past.  Saul died with Jonathan his son in the ensuing battle.  This is what happens when we open doors to the devil through fear.
When Peter walked on water to meet Jesus, he stayed afloat until fear engulfed him.  Matthew 14:29-31, 'And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.  And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?'
This happens all the time.  Jesus says 'come' and we ride on faith until fear sets in and we sink.  Fear is at the head of every sin.  Revelation 21:8 says. 'But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.' The question is, where is the position of these sins and atrocities enumerated here?  Fear is number one.  Fear produces all of them yet when some worship God with outstretched arms shouting, jumping and shedding tears, one thinks they are right in heaven with Christ.  This is until Satan presents a deeply challenging situation.
I have once been a victim of fear.  Right at the middle of exploits in evangelistic and preaching ministry, crisscrossing lands and seas advocating the gospel and winning souls for our Lord Jesus Christ, healing all manner of diseases and casting out demons, raising the dead, the scourge of fear stole into me unannounced and unnoticed.  I had enjoyed divine health all my evangelistic life, never sick or hospitalized but at 58, I was struck with a sickness which engulfed me with fear.  It was so bad that my heart told me that death was at hand.  One day, Dr Jude Ehiemere, Medical Director of Living Word Mission hospital as well as my close friend and personal doctor, looked me straight in the face in my home and said, “Bro Emma, you have been captured by fear.” That was a stunning accusation, but a realization, that at the height I had attained in ministry and life, I had been permeated and ceased by fear, dawned on me.  My blood pressure rose to the sky and crashed to the valley at will like a yo-yo, Dr Jude’s statement was simple and straightforward, the language that delivered me.  It had never occurred to me that what was holding me down after all manner of prayers was that I was under the captivity of fear.  As soon as I heard this truth, I jumped up from the sick bed and shouted, 'God forbid, how can fear capture a man of God of my standing?  I will not allow it!' 
Even though initially I was shocked to be spoken to that way because it looked strange considering the theology I had held that a child of God could not be possibly possessed by demons.  Then I realized that fear is a demon that can take hold of anybody no matter his size or age, a fact that cannot be theologized away.  I am someone who comes to a quick realization when told the truth no matter how bitter.  I am quick to repent and apologize when I realize that I have blown it.  I am humble enough to own up my short comings and make amends.  There was no point arguing the obvious out of foolish pride.  I had become agitated and afraid and could no longer sleep.  On account of that my BP had spiraled out of control and this aroused in me a horror feeling with the devil whispering over and over 'you are going to die any moment from now.'  My wife was away abroad and I was alone in the house surrounded by security men who couldn’t help me in any case.  Frequently I got up and made sure the door was open so that they wouldn’t need to break the door to get my body.  In the bathtub, sitting on the toilet, I wondered whether I would end up like some of the people I heard that simply passed on in their bath or while relieving themselves.  It is indeed a fearful thing to be captivated by fear!
At the time I agonized about my health, the leader of the body of Christ had not as much as consulted the bible to consider God’s opinion about the issue.  I was at the point where many try all kinds of herbs and self medication.  Truly, fear can turn a wise man into a foolish person ready to believe even a lie.  It is a time when all manner of thoughts assail the mind:  'I have not built a house, I don’t even have a son to sustain the family name, and to die at this age?'  Pray never to become a slave of fear!  But the words of a friend jolted me back and I resolved to redeem myself.  Great as Paul was at the height of his ministry, he came to the point he prayed, 'O wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?' (Romans 7:24).  There and then, I resolved to separate fear from sickness, a potentially dangerous combination.  It was a shock really to realize that an old preacher like me could be so possessed.  I had never doubted my destination but fear had captivated me and thwarted my mind.
CONSEQUENCE OF FEAR
Fear obviously produces anxiety – a state where even medication does not work, conception is impossible and even the Holy Spirit is kept at bay.  In this state one cannot even hear God.  All one hears is the voice of flesh and any decisions arrived in this state are carnal and bound to lead to failure.  Fear hinders all from being the people God purposed them to be.
Fear engenders cowardice. That was why the Israelite spies were unable to take the lands assigned to them by God. They claimed in Numbers 13:33:  'there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.' Ten out of twelve spies undertook a national mission in morbid fear and the result of failure was predictable.  Fear will never see any issue from the eyes of God but through the eyes of the world.  Fear made the ten spies suffer from very poor self evaluation: they felt like grasshoppers before the very people God sent them to displace!
When Gideon went to fight the armies of Median with a troupe of 22,000 soldiers, the Lord told him that the people with him were too many, 'lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, mine own hand hath saved me.'  He instructed Gideon in Judges 7:3: 'Now therefore go to, proclaim in the ears of the people, saying, Whosoever is fearful and afraid, let him return and depart early from mount Gilead. And there returned of the people twenty and two thousand; and there remained ten thousand.'   At the end of this exercise, there remained only 300 valiant men who easily defeated the Medianites.  God is looking for fearless men and women to put to work, men and women who have no fear of the devil.
During the advent of Goliath, the  Philistine giant, it was despicable how grown men, soldiers of Israel, scurried away to hide under rocks and shrubs because of fear.  David, a mere youth, appeared and defeated the giant.  From thence, he became famous in Israel and God chose him to be king over the nation.
SOLUTION
You must determine to do what I did and take back your life from the domain of fear.  Why should high blood pressure and diabetes hold you captive?  Why should you constantly fail in business?  Why are things going out of hand the way they are?  Why is your body not responding to prayer?  It is all because fear is at the foundation of your life.  Except you deal with it, your prayers are in vain for no foundation laid in fear can succeed.
When Dr Ehiemere accosted me with the naked truth, I resolved to deliver myself. This I did with the word of God.  I took hold of 2 Corinthians 10:5 and brought it to bear upon myself.  'Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;' I had tried many hospitals and doctors.  In this situation, your doctors become your god.  As soon as the blood pressure began acting up I would get on the phone and call doctors all over the world.  I had transferred my faith to doctors and my discussion had become, 'this is the opinion of Doctor so and so in USA or India.'   I couldn’t drive or sustain one straight message in a day but I am a man who sometimes preaches four messages in a day. I took hold of the imaginations coming from my mind and from the institution of knowledge and wisdom, as well as negative utterances of others and brought them into captivity and obedience of Christ.
Have they told you that your sickness, even HIV and cancer cannot be healed?    Spiritual warfare is a battle of words and the ammunitions we have are greater than the devil’s.  The solution is to cast down every imagination.  This was what David did to Goliath in 1 Samuel 17:45-47 when he screamed at him '…, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. 46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.  And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.'
The word of God is the only weapon to wage the devil, and destroy the destroyer.  I consciously reminded myself that the word of God works, the Spirit of God works.  We have not believed in vain.  I will have stripped myself of flesh for nothing. Christ rose from the dead and this is the hope of all believers.  The word of God is alive, it works! The name and blood of Jesus works.  I kept at myself until I got out of the lion’s den. I was healed!  And I stay healed and vibrant eight years after, building kingdoms for God.
Fear stems from the imagination but the word of God is above every imagination.  2 Timothy 1:7 says, 'For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.' Put yourself together whenever negative thoughts pose a threat.  Cast it out by listening to the word of God.  Have nothing to do with unfruitful works of Satan.  Walk by faith, not by sight.  Let your confidence rest on Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not; for I am with you: Do not be dismayed. I am your God.  I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand”
God bless you"
 
Rev. Paul P. Waldmiller~Black Robe Regiment Pastor
Please Help Feed And Bless Poor Children Here.... http://beaheronow.net/donate.html
Please Help Me In My Legal Defense Fund... http://www.gofundme.com/dqrbjg

(Every article, words, phrases that are signed by, and or used by "Black Robe Regiment Pastor" and or "Paul P. Waldmiller" herein are explicitly owned by this the writer, unless quoted or link's attached that identify differently. No use of this blog and or articles are allowed to be copied or used without the writers explicit and written consent).


No comments:

Post a Comment